I just came across this list of 7 Strange Things People Do to Make Themselves More Attractive and because I simply cannot resist a menagerie of bizarre treatments (and because, let’s face it, I don’t want to suffer the gross imagery of most of these procedures alone), so here’s the complete list:
- Snail Ooze Facial (courtesy of De Tuinen Snail Gel, which, incidentally, is a Dutch chain of cosmetics, beauty, vitamin and some health food stores where I source most of my beauty products because of their commitment to fair trade and banning animal testing)
- Snake Massage (exactly what it sounds like, at Ada Barak’s spa in Israel, the $80 treatment gets you several non-venomous snakes slithering around your body)
- Ramen Noodle Spa Bath (At Hakone Kowakien Yunessun of Japan you sit in a tub shaped like a ramen noodle bowl where the water contains pepper-flavored water colored a light, milky brown. Apparently the collagen and garlic contained in the ramen produces beautiful skin and moisture retention).
- Bull Semen Hair Treatment (I am not saying more, it is exactly what the title says. The treatment is available at this London hair salon).
- Fish Pedicure (Funny enough, they just opened Dr. Fish, one of such places nearby and I wanted to check them out just to see the tanks and people having their feet voluntarily eaten).
- Sheep Embryo Injections
- 24 Carat Gold Face Mask (The secret to glowing skin? According to the good people at UMO, its slathering gold all over your pores. I suspect Kanye West is all over their case because, really, that’s the most likely beauty treatment for someone like him).
For the past decade and a half I have been making all my content available for free (and never behind a paywall) as an ongoing practice of ephemeral publishing. This site is no exception. If you wish to help offset my labor costs, you can donate on Paypal or you can subscribe to Patreon where I will not be putting my posts behind a lock but you'd be helping me continue making this work available for everyone. Thank you. Follow me on Twitter for new post updates.