And we find gems like this:
- I fail to see why the defendant’s gender or class is at all pertinent (in response to a previous comment pointing out to the glaring class disparities in the case)
- These findings irreparably damage her case whether twelve –or twelve million– people hear them.
- Should prosecutors bring frivolous criminal charges against rich white males simply because they are rich, white, and male? Should we change the standard of “reasonable doubt” to “merely accused” simply because of someone’s gender, class, or skin color?
- they could have obtained a sealed indictment and waited for him to return to his regular job.
- Handcuffing DSK, a tiny old man who would immediately and irrevocably lose a life of prestige and luxury if he made one wrong move, was widely seen as completely over the top.
- If it weren’t for the fact that the consensus in the US media, mainstream and otherwise, was that he was guilty, guilty, guilty, with lots of delight about the dirty lecherous frog getting his comeuppance to be had by all, this might sound more convincing.
This is what passes for a feminist site these days? Oh.I.see.
I guess I’ll have to make misanthropist a valid political expression then.
For the past decade and a half I have been making all my content available for free (and never behind a paywall) as an ongoing practice of ephemeral publishing. This site is no exception. If you wish to help offset my labor costs, you can donate on Paypal or you can subscribe to Patreon where I will not be putting my posts behind a lock but you'd be helping me continue making this work available for everyone. Thank you. Follow me on Twitter for new post updates.